Cost of Service & Rate Design
Electric and natural gas retail markets range from the traditional, regulated, cost of service structure to the competitive, retail open access structure. Distributed energy resources, such as rooftop solar, and smart grid technologies are providing new opportunities within the electric sector and prompting the development of new regulatory processes for retail service. In the natural gas sector, utilities are modernizing their systems, replacing aging infrastructure, and expanding to meet increasing demand.
Daymark Energy Advisors assists regulators, consumers, and utilities to understand and develop pricing, ratemaking, and cost of service approaches for evolving business models and investment opportunities.
- Electric and Natural Gas Utility Rate Design & Cost Allocation
- Alternative Ratemaking Design
- Distributed Energy Resources Rate Design Integration
- Energy Storage Rate Design Integration
- Net Metering
- Capital Recovery Mechanism
- Storm Restoration Reviews