Senior Analyst, Power Market Modeling
Daymark Energy Advisors is seeking a Senior Analyst with experience performing production cost modeling and market price forecasting to join the firm’s market analytics team.
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful growing consultancy that brings deep knowledge of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients make well-informed business, capital investment, and policy decisions in the face of uncertainty.
We seek an exceptional candidate with experience performing studies using AURORA or a competing tool to join our team. Daymark Energy Advisors performs studies using AURORA as a tool for delivering insights to our clients’ regarding the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly evolving power markets. If you have a passion for the energy industry and are a high performer with a history of professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career.
The position will be located in our Worcester, MA office.
Daymark is adhering to recommendations of the Massachusetts Department of Health and CDC with respect to temporary work at home arrangements for all employees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Perform power market model-based price forecasts and analysis of the evolving landscape using the AURORA software by Energy Exemplar in both zonal and nodal configurations, based on solid fundamental understanding of power markets and modeling best practices.
- Recent projects have included assessing the LMP impacts of integrating large amounts of renewable resources market performance and the impacts of adding carbon charges to the market on LMP, production costs, and emissions.
- Perform market research, data acquisition, data reporting, and visual graphics creation, primarily using Excel and SQL
- Maintain and improve energy market and power system databases.
- Operate other power system, electric and gas infrastructure planning, and price forecasting models
A qualified candidate for this position will have:
- An overriding curiosity and desire to contribute to team success
- Two to three (2-3) years professional experience operating AURORA (or a competing model), with a preference for experience in modeling RTO systems of the Eastern Interconnect (e.g., PJM, MISO, NYISO)
- Strong quantitative and critical analytical skills
- Solid understanding of power system and market fundamentals
- Experience with SQL and R is desirable
- Effective English written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to grow your skills and advance your career with an industry-leading energy consulting firm
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Comprehensive group health and dental plans
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.